This is a great meat free alternative to traditional lasagne – perfect for a meat free meal.
Spinach & Mushroom Lasagne Ingredients
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
- sliced 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 9-12 lasagna noodles (regular or no-boil is fine, uncooked)
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil 5 oz.
- Fresh baby spinach (about 2-3 large handfuls)
- 1 lb. cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (or Parmesan)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175 oC
- Sauté the mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat in grapeseed oil until tender.
- Add in spinach. When it begins to wilt, reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, stirring often.
- Cook about 3 minutes and set aside, covered.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, nutritional yeast, Italian seasonings and garlic powder and mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a lasagne pan. This is our foundation.
- Now place 3-4 lasagne noodles over the sauce. The noodles shouldn’t overlap.
- Next, spread a thin layer of cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Cover with another layer of 3-4 noodles followed by another layer of sauce and then another layer of cottage cheese.
- You should end up with a layer of noodles on top.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce on the top layer of noodles and sprinkle a few shakes of Italian seasoning on top.
- Cover with aluminium foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle Parmesan or shredded mozzarella on top and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes before serving.