Try this Banana Bread as an easy way and tasty way to use up left over bananas. It’s a quick and easy one bowl recipe that anyone can do.
Banana Bread Ingredients
- Vegetable oil for greasing the loaf tin
- 120g caster sugar
- ½ level tsp salt
- 360g self-raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 125ml full fat milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped into 1-2cm chunks
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease a 1kg loaf tin with a little oil, making sure you get into all the corners with a brush.
- Put the sugar, salt and self-raising flour in the mixing bowl. Make a well and add the egg, milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the bananas to the mixture and fold them in using a tablespoon. Put all the mixture into the loaf tin, scraping out any left in the bowl with the spatula. Smooth the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Put the loaf on the middle shelf of the oven for an hour. When cooked the loaf will be risen and golden brown. Take it out of the oven and push in a skewer to test if it’s cooked. If there is any mixture clinging to the skewer put your loaf back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before turning the loaf on to a cooling rack. Serve warm, in slices, spread with soft butter.